- Commedia Dell’Arte
- Traditional & Contemporary Clowning
- Roving Mask
- Physical Comedy
- Non-verbal Communication & Mime
- Slapstick & Stage Combat
- Physical Theatre & Circus
- Political Satire
- Clowns In Shakespeare
“We just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed the performers at our event. They were so fabulous and added to our event in a huge way and in particular a highlight of all performances was the way they interacted with the crowd with humour and spectacle. They really wowed the crowds. Please pass on our thanks to the performers themselves.” Lisa and Nadine – Sydney Event Company
A highly-respected Character Actor, Theatrical Clown, Commedia Dell’Arte Specialist and Teaching Artist. His noted skills have been developed over the past 16 years through extensive training and performance experience locally, nationally and internationally in Australia, United Kingdom, Europe, Singapore and Japan.
He recently completed a highly successful 3-month theatre exchange with a prestigious theatre company in the United Kingdom and has been accepted into the Clown Ensemble for Cirque du Soleil’s future productions.
- The role of Ringmaster Z for Creative Generation State Schools Arena Spectacular, Department Of Education and Training at The Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
- Clown MC in Disruptive Camouflage for Wonderland Festival at The Brisbane Powerhouse.
- Lead role of Ringmaster Z in the circus spectacular ZIRCUS at Jupiter’s Theatre, Hotel & Casino — “… a friendly version of Jack Nicholson as the Joker leading the way, we laugh, we gasp, clap and gape!” – Last Minute Live
- Sell out seasons of Debase Productions, Hurry Up And Wait at The Awesome Festival – International Theatre Festival for Young People in Perth, Toowoomba USQ Theatre, Redlands Performing Arts Centre, Sydney –Dame Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre, The Queensland Library, Brisbane Festival at The Spiegeltent, after returning from a statewide in-schools tour with Queensland Theatre Company on the back of seasons at Kijimoona International Theatre Festival For Young People in Japan, 3 Month Tour to venues in Fukuoka Japan with Kazenoko Theatre Company (Thanks to the help of Arts Queensland Funding) and Edinburgh Fringe Festival where the show received 5-star critical acclaim –“If you don’t have children, find some and take them or simply take yourself – you’ll love it!”” – Broadway Baby, Edinburgh, “… the audience, children and parents alike, are in constant fits of laughter. At the end of the show I heard one child ask, ‘Can we watch it again?’” ★★★★★ – Informed Edinburgh, “A truly happy, fun and intelligent show.” ★★★★★ Broadway Baby, Edinburgh
- The Three Little Endangered Animals for Artslink Queensland
- Suckers by Harvest Rain Theatre Company
- The Little Green Road to Fairy Land for Queensland Music Festival —-“…hilarious and brilliantly performed…judging from the abundance of smiles, laughter, and enthusiastic applause, both children and adults alike were mesmerised, entertained and enchanted for the entire performance!’, Nelson Lau, Critical Mass
- Heaven, Hell & Tango – 2 Ballerinas directed by Rosetta Cook (first stage funded by Arts Queensland)
- Much Ado about Nothing and The Wind in the Willows for 4MBS Classic FM
- The Search For The 5th Element and Booff In Concert for Universal Studios Japan Osaka (1 year)
- Aerial Angels Stilts for Aerial Angels Productions and Jupiter’s Casino (1 year)
- The Treasure Hunt Clowns with Collusion Ensemble
- Freak Street for Woodford Folk Festival
He is in creative development with The Southern Cross Soloists for a show entitled The Secret Lives Of Composers as the Lead Clown MC and plays the Bells & Theremin. He is also a key performer in The Bubble Effect: Disco Show – for More Than Mime Theatre. A giant projected bubble encapsulating a performer who blends circus aerials and dance in a one-hour event. His mentors include Annie Lee from The Kransky Sisters fame and Derek Scott from Slavas Snow Show, Margi Brown Ash form Force OF Circumstance and Tony Kishawi from Commedia Unmasked.
He is also an experienced and sought-after Teacher/Artist, leading many residencies and workshops for Queensland Theatre Company, LaBoite Theatre Company, Australian Catholic University, University of Southern Queensland, Queensland University of Technology, Griffith University, The Queensland Conservatorium Of Music, The University of Tasmania, The Aboriginal Centre for Performing Arts, Drama Queensland, Drama Tasmania, Drama Australia, Drama New Zealand, Queensland Music Festival, Backbone Youth Arts and Nexus Arts Victoria.
He is a proud Queensland Board Member and Mentor for The Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance, and Board Member for Indel-Ability Arts.
ACTOR/PERFORMER – WORKSHOP FACILITATOR
- Stilt Performer
Since 1998 she worked as a performer, creative consultant, producer, performer manager, programmer and program co-ordinator, trainer, mentor and director with, and for, Australian companies.
- Brisbane City Council
- Queensland Arts Council
- Strut & Fret Production House
- Vulcana Women’s Circus
- Flipside Circus
- Rock n Roll Circus/Circa
- Aerial Angels
- La La Parlour
- Gale & Vallance
- Fractal Theatre Company
- Qld Youth Ballet
- Woodford Folk Festival, DG Theater (Netherlands)
- Surfers Paradise Festival
- Surfers Paradise Alliance
- Arts Centre Gold Coast
- The Ekka
- Top Chick Management
- Queensland Theatre Company
- Izit? Entertainment
- Zest Factor
- Versace (Gold Coast)
- Uhan Shii Theatre Company (Taiwan)
- Warrawa Arts (Taiwan)
- Southern Cross University
- The Tasmanian Circus Festival
A nationally recognised specialist in circus and physical theatre, she is theatre-trained and is a highly experienced aerialist, acrobat and roving artist.
She has a theatrical focus in all her work and enjoys working with innovative and edgy artists and clients.
She has an extensive Australian and international performance history. This brings a richness and depth of understanding to her work, and to her relationships with the artists she engages and the clients she works with.
An internationally recognised Brisbane-based professional actor, physical theatre and circus performer and trainer, with a tireless creative drive and a highly disciplined work and training ethic. He has extensive training in the disciplines of Suzuki Method, Improvisation, Mask, Movement, Clown and Acrobatics. His theatrical focus is on the development of character-driven physical performance with special interests in youth theatre and improvised, interactive street theatre.
A highly skilled acrobat, stilt-walker, aerial harness performer and object manipulator, he has trained with some of the world’s best master trainers. And for some time now has himself been one of the performance and acrobatic master trainers for the National Circus Festival.
- Wilde Applause Creative Productions
- Izit! Entertainment
- Gale & Valance
- Aerial Angels
- Artslink QLD
- Strut n Fret Production House
- Zest Factor
- Uhan Shii Theatre Co. (Taiwan)
- Sault Poets
- Ga4 or 5
- More Than Mime
- Hubbub Music
- Oz Frank Theatre
- 2006 Commonwealth Games celebrations
- Kaoshiung International Street Theatre Festival
- World Games Celebrations — Taiwan, 2007
- Loius Vuitton and Mont Blanc VIP events (Taiwan, Japan, China, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Guam, Singapore)
- Brisbane Festival — 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012, 2010
- Danshui International Arts & Environment Festival
- 2011 Taiwan Lantern Festival
- 2012 Chuncheon International Mime Festival
- Yeosu World Expo 2012
- International Fireworks Festival — Miaoli, Taiwan 2012
- International Artists Festival — Taoyuan, Taiwan 2012
- Woodford Folk Festival — 2002-9, 2012.
Co-creator of the performance companies and performer of the highest order. He has also worked extensively as a core performer with the Oz Frank Theatre ensemble where ensemble performers are trained extensively in the physical theatre system devised by Japan’s foremost theatre director, Tadashi Suzuki. T.